kids

Latest Features

"In art everything is possible, but everything is not necessary.” ― Arvo Pärt Icelandic band goes dark You could count the number of famous music acts to come out of Iceland on one hand– there's Bjork, her band The Sugarcubes, folk group...
Comments(6)

Happenings

Recent Comments

Cville Eye commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
When did Meade Park become as big as Washington Park?
Cville Eye commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Don't bother readig Gene's recommended link. Boy am I glad McCord didn't get on the School Board. BTW, I hope the grandiose Parks and Recreation "Adviceless" Board doesn't often meet without legal public notification to discuss issues relating to our parks or recreation.
webster 52 commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Small neighborhood Park? It is just as big as Washington Park. Many folks in the neighborhood are looking forward to taking there kids swimming. It is funny how there is more tolerance for fruits and Vegetables than for our children.
Reality Check commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Is this the Advisory Board that okayed jamming a bloated regional facility into a small neighborhood park against the neighborhood's wishes, and without addressing the very obvious impacts? And while they're proudly patting themselves on the back, have they included the impacted neighbors in any...
Gene commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Here is a discussion of the pool pass situaiton (scroll down half way) from a member of the Parks Advisory Board. An obvious and puzzling omission from this article.... http://citizenmccord.com/
Sick Of The Local Rambos commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
I wouldn't go so far as to say the city offers it. The city taxpayers unknowingly offer it to the employees. 98% of the city taxpayers have no clue how their money is spent. The other 2% that do have a clue can't seem to do a darn thing about it.
Cville Eye commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Inspite of all of that, O'Connell may leave before he's asked to leave. I am well aware that the City offers the best retirement package for city employees of any locality in the State and even the State itself.
Sick Of The Local Rambos commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
CVille Eye, in reference to the city retirement system, each year an employee hangs in there, his/her monthly retirement check is enhanced. If a retirement check might be $15,000 a month in 2009, it could very well be $15,750 in 2010. Or $16,500 in 2011. Or $18,000 in 2012. If still in good...
Cville Eye commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
@TJ, hopefully the City Manager will not be with us much longer. I wonder if he's being paid for his work with Virginia First Cities.
TJ commented on Waterlogged: Criticized pool pass pricing sunk
Does anyone see a pattern here. Our city manager gets awards for this and that from far away places. In the meantime these mis-steps keep happening. They make the Council look incompetent as well as the staff. If I were them I would be very upset about so many errors in judgment.

Kids Events

Upcoming Events