GUILTY - 2nd teen convicted in bomb plot
The 15-year-old boy whose secrecy-shrouded trial wrapped Tuesday afternoon has been found guilty of the same two counts pleaded to by his 16-year-old co-conspirator: conspiracy to murder and conspiracy to blow up a schoolhouse.The boy, a gun fan, according to various sources including his MySpace.com profile, was attending Albemarle High School until his February 1 arrest, which was heralded in a press conference two days later.
Since then, authorities have been tight-lipped about the case and its alleged evidence with the prosecutor, Commonwealth's Attorney Jim Camblos, cautioning reporters after the trial that anyone who talked about the case would be violating a "court order."
"There's no gag order," says a deputy clerk in the Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court, after allegedly conferring with Susan L. Whitlock, judge in the high-profile case. The deputy clerk declined to give her name, and the similarly reluctant clerk of the court, Alice Price Waddy, confirmed the facts for a reporter. Neither would utter anything about the two 13-year-olds authorities say they detained as part of the conspiracy case.
The unnamed deputy clerk says that sentencing for the 16-year-old is set for April 5, and April 12 for the 15-year-old, both of whom are still detained. The outcome of the 13-year-olds' cases, who were tried with the 15-year-old, has not be learned by the Hook.
–By Hawes Spencer