UVA Library's Harrison Institute: "From Village to Grounds: Architecture after Jefferson at the University of Virginia"


Front Elevation of Carr's Hill by architecture firm McKim, Mead & White.

The University of Virginia Library's Harrison Institute presents "From Village to Grounds: Architecture after Jefferson at the University of Virginia," an exhibition examining the architectural expansion of UVA following Thomas Jefferson's original academical village. Organized in a series of chronological sections, the display explores  the additions made in 1825 for the University's 123 original enrollees to today's South Lawn Project, a contemporary response to the needs of a growing institution with more than 21,000 students. McCormick Road. 924-6109.

Read more on: architecture