Java Depot re-opened, Wolf's a brewing
It looks like the Java Depot in Nelson County has re-opened. Previous owners Nancy Kern and her husband, Richard Boyd, an architect who had designed the Java Depot building in 2007 using the old Arrington railroad depot, which was built in 1870 to replace the old depot which was burned down during the Civil War. Before being dismantled and moved to its current location along Route 151 in Beach Grove, it housed the Arrington Post Office from 1961 to 1982. Three years later, Boyd and Kern decided to become coffee shop owners, but it proved to be a little too much work for folks with full-time occupations. They put it up for sale in June and found a buyer in shortly thereafter.
Swiss-born Nelson County resident Edith Fisher re-opened the Depot in October, and is poised to bring a little European flair to the old depot. Expect breakfast plates, fine coffee, of course, and tasty deli sandwiches, burgers, and a few surprises seven days a week.
In other Nelson news, mom and son team Danny and Mary Wolf have opened the Wild Wolf Brewing Company in the Valley Green Shopping Center in Nellysford, which sells beer, soda, and wine making stuff. It's also another budding brewery that offers its own brews, hopes to be selling their own beer at a separate location in the near future.