Rougemont blaze: Grease fire ruins house, shuts street

news-fire-onrougemontClick to see the location on a map.

A kitchen fire fed by grease appears to have destroyed a house on the Southeast side of town and blocked Rougemont Avenue, according to a dispatch from fire chief Charles Werner.

Werner says that all occupants got out of the house safely, but the picture he sent along suggests that the house has been nearly or completely destroyed.

The flames leapt up a wall, according to information Werner received from an occupant. Fire crews battled to extinguish the fire and protect adjacent homes, but the street–- between 6th Street and Hartmans Mill Road–- has been blocked.

Read more on: firerougemont avenue


phake Jimi hendrix is a shill. he/she/it seems to be advocating a "Cultural Revolution" China/Cambodia style. Stand up to corporate worms like "Jimi"

Do you mean "french" fries angel eyes? Deep fried turkey is actually a native dish, despite the exotic sounding name of the bird.

I am the true and honest Christian Weston Chandler. Please ignore the other comment by "Christian Weston Chandler"; he is a fake, fat virgin with rage.

vocab you have a devestating wit and an editor's keen eye. Keep up the Christmas spirit. And may you wake up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

vocab. No one likes an editor for simple posts. Why? Because most of you vocab nazis mess up your own post.

A space between your ellipsis and the following word is required. So proof yourself before checking another.

Nice use of Google Maps to add to the story.

Obesity=Conduct AND Status. It also trumps ethnicity...

deleted by moderator

Ah the grease fire, the moral hazard of ethnic cuisine. to or due to?

Glad everyone got out safe. My parents experienced the same thing about 7 years ago do to xmas lights, it was very devestating for them and friends/family. I pray for the couple living n the home & hope everythngs can b taken care of.

So sorry for this family...glad everyone got out safe. Cudos to Chief Werner and his band of firefighters...thanks for being there.

By the picture on the map its still burning!

@biff: I resemble that remark...

no space between an ellipsis and the following word is required Jimi.

@vocab Really I could give a... whatever, but the sentiment remains, grammar nazis are usually not welcome.

It is so sad to see another family loosing their home. Many thanks to our brave firefighters for going where must people would run away!
I wish more people would know that stove fires can be prevented. There is a product out called "stove guard" that shut off your stove (gas or electric) if unintended for a period of time.
I found a company that provides stove guards pretty cheap and they are located in Minnesota.
Here is their website for anyone is interested: